IRELAND FARMS DOG BOARDING
We have limited space for boarding dogs, especially when we have pups. Our facility consist of an outdoor 5x10 run and an indoor area 5x10. Outside is pea gravel and inside is concrete, so you will want to bring a crate or dog bed.
One dog in an indoor/outdoor kennel. Daily meal, fresh water and bedding. $20 per dog per day.
Dogs share the same kennel. The first dog is $20. Each additional dog is $10 per day.
Extra activities/Care for your dog
Walk away from our farm. Options are trails and beach time. $25 per hour. Each additional dog on the same walk is $15 per hour.
Walk around our farm, (potty walk, yard time, pond time), $10 per session.
Any special care your dog requires, (vitamins, supplements, medications, etc.) will be $5 additional per day.
Requirements for boarding
Provide copy of vaccination, de-wormings, rabies shot and kennel cough, along with your dogs regular vet contact info.
Negative fecal exam results dated within ten days prior to boarding.
Emergency contact info.
Enough food for the stay.
Collar and leash
Any supplements, vitamins, medications your dog is taking. We will only adminster prescription meds from your vet. The date must be visible, along with the dogs name and required dosage. There is a $5 fee per day per dog for this service.
Other items you way want to bring
Your dogs bedding, crate or blanket.
Other items must be discussed and approved by us.
Please copy and fill out the below boarding contract prior to your arrival with your dog. Reservations are required. Absolutely no drop ins.
Date: ________ Name of Dog: __________
Veterinarian: ________________ Vets Phone: _________
Groomer: _____________ Groomer’s Phone: __________ How often groomed/ bathed at home: __________
Received this date from (Owner/ or): _____________
Address: ________ Phone: ___________ (H) _____________ (W) ____________ (C) __________
Emergency Phone Number to call owner: __________________
_________ Dog(s) Breed: ______________________
Sex: _______ Age: ________ Color/Markings: _________________ License No.: __________
Owner attaches hereto proof of current rabies immunization, distemper, hepatitis-lepto and canine cough vaccinations as required by law.
Does animal: Bite: ___________ Has the dog bitten anyone? ___________ Circumstances? ________________ Jump: __________ Climb: ________ Run Away: __________ Dig: ___________ Fear of: ________________________ Dislike of: ______________________ Reaction to strangers: _________________ Does dog urinate when approached? ____________ Does dog indulge in self-mutilation? _____________ Other behavioral problems: _______________________ Training completed: ____________________ Does dog respond to commands when called? ________________ Housetrained?: ________ Who administers corrections/punishment? ____________ What type of corrections/ punishment? _______________
In stressful situations, does dog react:  wildly active  active  poised, assured  reserved  withdrawn (lethargic/stiff) 
Any legal actions or complaints filed, pending, or in force with respect to the behavior of said dog? __________ Has dog been boarded before?: _______________________ Any signs of separation anxiety or stress from being boarded? ____________________________
Medications, dosage, indications: ____________________________ Type/Brand of food: __________________
Medical problems/issues: _____________________ Skin trouble: _____________ Medications: __________ In case of illness, call: ____________________________ Have you pre-authorized _______________ (your veterinarian) to treat your dog in case of illness while you are gone? ____________
This dog is here for ______ (days) ______ (weeks) ________ (months) at the rate of $ ____________ per  day  week  month payable in advance until called for, non-refundable, in full, up front upon boarding the dog. This rate shall be doubled, on a per day basis, for each extra day the dog is boarded, if the dog is not retrieved by the owner beyond the agreed upon boarding time period stated herein.
1. We (hereinafter referred to as “the kennel”) agree to exercise due and reasonable care to board the dog for the owner.
2. The Kennel does not assume and shall not be held responsible for any liability with respect to the dog listed in this agreement, of any kind, character, or nature whatsoever, arising out of or from the boarding of this dog, or any damages which may accrue from any other cause whatsoever, including loss by fire, theft, running away, injury to persons, animals or property, unavoidable causes, or death or injury to any other animal caused by the within named dog during the term of this contract, whether this dog be on the premises of the Kennel or not, and the owner of said dog agrees hereby to be and is solely responsible for any and all acts of behavior of said dog at any time within the term and time for the contract. In no case shall the Kennel be in any way liable or responsible. The responsibility and/or liability of the Kennel, in no event shall exceed the sum of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) and the undersigned agrees to limit the responsibility of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) and no more, and agrees not to claim any damages against said Kennel of any nature whatsoever, either by way of contract, equity, negligence or otherwise, in excess of said sum.
3. The owner of the within named dog specifically represent that he is the sole owner of said animal ant that there is not now any lien or mortgage against said animal and that the within named animal has not been exposed to distemper or rabies within the last thirty days, and that the required annual license has been obtained.
4. The Kennel shall have, and is hereby granted, a lien on the aforesaid animal for any and all unpaid boarding and/or other charges resulting from the boarding of said animal within the Kennel. The owner hereby agrees that in the event the monthly or weekly boarding charges are not paid within thirty days after they become due an payable in accordance with the terms of this contract, the Kennel may exercise its lien rights, and ten days after notice to owner may dispose of said animal for any and all unpaid charges, at private or public sale, and owner specifically waives and claims if such sale does not secure a price adequate to pay such costs of board and/or other charges delinquent plus costs of sale, then owner shall and must pay to Kennel the difference. Any monies realized by the Kennel at such a sale, over and above the charges due and cost of sale shall be returned to the Owner. Notice shall be conclusively deemed to have been given pursuant to this paragraph if notice in writing of such intended sale shall be mailed by registered mail to the owner of the within named animal at the address given herein, and no further notice shall be required.
5. If the animal becomes ill, or Kennel suspects animal is ill, the owner shall be notified at once, collect, if possible, or such attempt shall be made to so notify the owner, and if owner does not immediately inform the Kennel regarding measures to be taken or if the state of the dog’s health requires quick action, the right to all a veterinarian or to administer medicine or to give advisable attention within the discretion of the Kennel, and such expenses being reasonable in amount shall e promptly paid by owner. If dog is to be groomed, it shall be groomed by: _____________, and the owner hereby deposits with the Kennel
$ ______________ for same. Dog shall be groomed ________________________________________________.
6. Unless owner files with Kennel within thirty days form the date the animal was removed from Kennel, a written demand for any claimed injury or damages resulting from the boarding of said dog under this contract, said owner shall and does hereby waive any and all rights which he may have against the Kennel for any liability arising under this contract, for damages, or otherwise.
7. The singular, as herein used, means also the plural, the masculine gender means also feminine gender. If any word, sentence, or section of this agreement be declared invalid, such ruling shall nevertheless not affect any other word, sentence or section. The remedies hereunder are cumulative to Kennel and not alternative. No person is authorized by Kennel to change or waive any of the terms or conditions of this contract and Kennel will not be bound by any changes therein, whether oral or written. All terms and conditions of this agreement shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, and assigns of the owner of the within named animal. This contract is the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any other document and/or oral representations and/or agreements. Time is of the essence hereof.
8. If action is to be instituted by Kennel to enforce this contract, owner promises to pay such sum as the Court may fix as attorney’s fees.
9. The animal may to be taken off premises by the Kennel without the consent of the owner.
10. The owner guarantees payment of this bill. If for any reason this bill is not paid when presented, ant id placed in the hands of an attorney for collection, the owner agrees that a reasonable fee may be added for attorney’s fees, and other such costs as the court may allow. Interest charged on overdue bill shall be at the maximum rate allowed by law, but not to exceed 1.5% per month, compounded daily.
OWNER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES HAVING READ THIS CONTRACT.
Owner: ___________________ By: ______
RECEIPT BY OWNER UPON RETURN OF ANIMAL: Owner acknowledges that he has taken possession of the within named animal in good condition from the Kennel this date.
Dated: ____________________ Owner: ________________
Pet Release Form
I have also developed a pet release form. Again, you shouldn’t use these without consulting an attorney, since these can affect your legal rights, and could harm your dog if you use them improperly.
AUTHORIZATION FOR MY PET’S EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE
I, __________ , of (address) ____________ , this 22nd day of December, 2006, pursuant to the laws of ___, willfully and voluntarily authorize the bearer of this document [Bearer] with lawful authority to temporarily act on my behalf for the care of my three pets: 1. ______, a 9 year old male Labrador mix; some arthritis, likely to run out the front door if allowed or left unsupervised; 2. ________, a 5 year old female Border Collie / Lab mix; known health issues, likely to run out the front door if allowed or left unsupervised; 3. ______________, an adult female cat; no known health issues, indoor pet.
SECTION 1: GENERAL GRANT OF POWERS: The Bearer of this document may act for me and in my name in any way that I could as if I were personally present and exercising such power with respect to my pet’s daily care such as feeding, watering, bathing, housing and social interaction; and emergency medical care and to require, withhold, or withdraw any type of medical treatment or procedure, even though my pet’s death may ensue, provided a licensed veterinarian is in agreement with the procedures being authorized. The Bearer shall have the same access to my pet’s medical records that I have, including the right to disclose the contents of those records to third parties. No procedure may be authorized exceeding $_______ without my specific consent, obtained by phone or email. I will be able to be reached at one or more of the following phone numbers: __________. My email addresses are _______________ . In case of emergency, my primary veterinarian shall be _________________________, or any veterinarian recommended by them. I also approve treatment by _____________; or ____________________, or any veterinarian recommended by them. Both _____ and ______ were recommended by ________ Animal Hospital, so they are acceptable to me for emergency medical treatment.
SECTION 2: SPECIFIC RESTRICTIONS: The Bearer is specifically prohibited from giving consent to euthanize any of my pets, except and unless I cannot be reached by phone or email, and two veterinarians agree that the pet is suffering, or will unconscionably suffer to such a significant degree, or that such pet will most likely perish because of medical reasons, prior to my return home on _____________, 2006. No pet shall be euthanized for behavioral reasons, only for such humane medical reasons.
SECTION 3: THIRD PARTY RELIANCE: No Person who relies in good faith on the authority of the Bearer under this instrument shall incur any liability to me, my estate or my personal representative. In order to induce third parties to accept the Bearer’s authority, I hereby indemnify and hold harmless any third party who acts in good faith reliance on the Bearer’s directions concerning my pets.
SECTION 4: TERMINATION OF POWER: The Bearer’s powers and authority enumerated herein shall be effective from ______________, 2006 to ________________, 2006, or until I return home, or until revoked by me or until such power is revoked automatically by operation of law.
By: (Name) _____________________________________________________________